Saturday, January 8, 2011

Meet the Design Team - Cassandra

Hey everyone today I want to introduce you to the first of our four member Design Team.

The first design team member to introduce is the woman who started this whole thing, Cassandra Sloan. I am so very lucky to have met Cass though an online card group that she will tell you about below. She has quickly become one of my closest crafty friends. I am so thankful that we are taking this journey together because without her none of this would be possible.


This is what Cass had to say:

April 2, 2007. This is the day my craft life changed forever.
I have loved crafts my entire life. I received my first stamp set as a child in grade school and have been fascinated ever since with scrapbooking and card making. I can remember making my own stationary as a child and trying to sell it for a quarter to my mother.

I had been officially card making for 3 years when I discovered Cafemom.com and the possibilities for creating a group of people who loved to create together and talk crafts!

On April 2, 2007, I launched card Makin Mamas. It was a place for people who loved to make cards and share them. It was a place to be inspired and talk paper, ink and rubber and share new ideas.
We became a tight knit group of moms and crafters. It is safe to say that each and every one of us has made lifelong friends and paper crafting buddies. Some of us have even been lucky enough to meet! A few ladies have gone on to do truly wonderful, creative things and have really advanced, and I am so proud to say they were a part of the original Card Makin Mamas!

I can honestly say that the group would not have gotten as far as it did without the constant support of my admins and friends, and now, my new partner in crime, Jessica. She has worked very hard and done a lot of networking to get us to this point and she is amazing!

Card Makin Mamas has come a very long way from the days when there were just a few of us doing challenges every week and learning all kinds of new amazing things. I sincerely hope that this new blog and group will be as inspirational to you as it was for me.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so behind, I need to get back into doing stuff, what better way than to start with the group that got me into card making. I do miss all you ladies in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww cass you are so great! we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CMM!!!! it is amazing to see the evolutino of the group. i owe it to all of you in that group for being the crafter and the mom I am today. you all have been a constant source of inspiration and encouragement. i'm so excited to meet the DT and see how this challenge blog continues to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, now. You guys are making me blush. You know it would be nothing without all of you hanging in there and being awesome! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember the day that someone posted a card with a bella stamp and i raced over to the websited and got one stamp and gladly paid the 15 dollars shipping and handling on a 8 dollar stamp hahahaaa i miss the group dearly but i know there are bigger and better things in store for this amazing place!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lizzie, I remember those days too! And then we started having huge buying groups to haggle for the cheaper or free shipping. And all those Dawn tutorials....Card Makin Mamas is a forever in my heart kinda place!

    ReplyDelete